Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:30:45 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>, current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org, marcel@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: buildkernel broken?

On Thu 2000-09-21 (16:27), Stijn Hoop wrote:
> nm: could not exec elf/nm in /usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/libexec: No such file or directory

Yep, this is the problem.

> Which is quite correct since I blew away /usr/obj after my last buildworld
> (FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #0: Wed Sep 13 14:45:31 CEST 2000). Is this a problem?

Yep.

> Should I have done a buildworld before a buildkernel now?

I'm trying to convince Marcel that since we already let you use gcc from
out the tree, there's no reason we should prevent people from running
'nm' from out the tree.  Since he knows more about this sort of thing,
and says there may be a problem, I'll leave it to him.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Sunesi Clinical Systems