Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 1996 13:58:14 -0800
From:      "Nicholas M. Markiw" <nick.markiw@pyxs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Infomrix on FreeBSD

I am running FreeBSD 2.1.0.  I am trying to get Informix OnLine
 5.03.UC1 and ESQL/C 5.03.UC1 running.  These are SCO 3.2.4.2 ports.  I have
compiled a new kernel with the iBCS2 module support internal and adjusted the
other kernel resources according to Informix.

I have two problems.  The first seems to be with the shared memory
segments and semaphores.  The IDs are 65536, bogus.  This causes problems
shutting down the engine as well as multiple Virtual segmets.  The second is
$INFORMIXDIR/lib/sqlturbo.  Sqlturbo causes "Abort trap".

The shared memory problems don't exist on Linux under their iBCS module.
Sqlturbo however, "Segmentation faults" on that platform.

Any of you people from Informix know of another port I should be using?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Nicholas M. Markiw                                         nick.markiw@pyxs.com
UNIX System Admin/Network Admin                            voice (619) 635-6961
Pyxis Corporation                                            fax (619) 635-6941