Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:24:28 +0100
From:      "Florian Hengstberger" <e0025265@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject:   samba as wins-server

Hi!
I'm working in an office with several win hosts of all flavours
(98,2000,eXPerience). Unfortunatly the resolution of computers takes
sometimes up to half an hour (approx.) until they are accessible after
booting up.
In near future I'll have the chance to switch to FreeBSD with
my box (at least, I hope so). I'll install samba for win access to my
machine. Reading some documentation I've found out that samba
can also act as a wins-server. Will this enhance the latency of netbios
resolution or will it corrupt it?

Is there a way to speed up this process with samba,
am I writing complete nonsense?
Tell me if this is true.

Yours, Florian