Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:46:09 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Claude Cormier <techsupport@devises-or.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Version 2.2.8 - C compiler - vprintf()

In the last episode (Aug 13), Claude Cormier said:
> Dan Nelson wrote:
> > In the last episode (Aug 12), Claude Cormier said:
> > > I am currently compiling a product named cURL under the above server
> > > and am having a problem with the function vprintf() in one of the .c
> > > module. The make command return the error:
> > >
> > > url.c:87: #error "We can't compile without vprintf() support".
> > >
> > > Can someone tell me if my problem has to do with the version of the
> > > OS or the version of the C compiler or else.
> >
> > Please try building from the ports tree (ports/ftp/curl) and see if you
> > have the same problem.
>
> Hello thanks... but I am not sure of what you mean!!
>
> Can you explain?

The error message you pasted shouldn't have happened, since 2.2.8 does
have vprintf().  Either you are building curl wrong, or your archive is
damaged.  The ports tree was designed to make it easy for users to add
software to their system automatically.  Read more about the ports tree
at http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ .

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com