Date:      Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:31:11 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Junji Nakanishi" <nakanishi@daemonfreaks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thunderbird-1.0.6_1 port problem?

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:17:34 -0500, Junji Nakanishi
<nakanishi@daemonfreaks.com> wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:33:24 -0500, Junji Nakanishi
>> <nakanishi@daemonfreaks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using Thunderbird with ja_JP.eucJP locale on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE.
>>> Recently I updated the version of Thunderbird from 1.0.6 to 1.0.6_1.
>>> And, The Japanese folder name in Inbox came to be garbled.
>>> (both existing folder and created new folder.)
>>>
>>> However, this problem didn't happen when Thunderbird was used with
>>> ja_JP.UTF-8
>>> locale.
>>> And, this problem had not occurred before.
>>> What is the problem?
>>   I rechecked with my huge changes and I still couldn't see how it can
>> break  anything related with locale. Did you add some of unoffical
>> language pack  on your own? It might be got lost when you upgraded it.
>> Mozilla and  Firefox have to add language pack to get other locales
>> work, so I image it  should be same thing for Thunderbird.
>
> No, I added no language pack.
>
> I checked the problem a little more. It was not garbled immediately
> after a Japanese folder was created in Inbox. However, the number of
> garbled folders has increased, after restarting Thunderbird.
>
> I captured the process until the problem occurs to some screenshot.
> Please look at
> http://www.daemonfreaks.com/tmp/screenshots.html

Very nice to put it together, thanks. I have committed a fix for this,
please let me know if it's actually fix. marcus has discovered that I
accidented removed the iconv hack in the big change. Oops! ;-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org