Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:59:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org (Wolfgang Zenker)
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@TheWorld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.7-RC Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed (mozilla 1.1,1)

Hello,

> I just updated to 4.7-RC today (ports too) & now I get the following
> when I start mozilla (-devel, i.e. 1.1,1):

> Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 28 (No space left on device)

> Where is this coming from?  (So far I can't find it...)
> What's going on?
> Anything I can do to trace and/or fix it?
> So far, no out-of-space/memory indications from df or top.  {shrug}

if shmget return error 28, that means you have run out of shared
memory slots. Did you perhaps install a kernel without option
SYSVSHM enabled? Mozilla uses shared memory blocks to communicate
with plugins. As far as i remember the GNU Flash plugin has a bug
that causes it to not release these shared memory blocks on FreeBSD.
I mailed the author a couple of months ago but never got a reply.
You can check which shared memory blocks exist on your system with
the ipcs command, see ipcs(1).

Wolfgang