Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 1998 18:05:52 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hardware problems with NICs

Sounds as if you may have mapped one serial port over the other's I/O
addresses or IRQ instead of disabling it. Try using another IRQ for your
NIC and leaving COM2: enabled. Also, separate the ranges of I/O ports on
the NICs more. Finally, don't use segment C800. It'll conflict with
graphics cards. If that's a memory-mapped buffer, find another spot for it.
If it's a ROM address, disable the ROM.

--Brett