Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2019 18:23:50 +0200
From:      Domagoj =?UTF-8?Q?Smol=C4=8Di=C4=87?= <rank1seeker@gmail.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Device's "stolen" sector

11.2-RELEASE-p9

Tested with >1 disks:
--
SATA disk connected directly with SATA cable to MBO, shows correct amount o=
f sectors.
    diskinfo -v ada1

When I connect it to the same MBO over USB to SATA adapter, 1 sector is mis=
sing (the last one)
    diskinfo -v da0

Having last sector inaccessible is a huge problem as many "things" use it f=
or a metadata.
This has many times caused MBR disks occasionally to not be visible at all =
while being 'da0' (gpart: No such geom: da0.)
And also GPT disks to be in a [CORRUPT] state upon reattach directly to SAT=
A interface.

Before submitting a bug, there is only 1 variable left that I can't test, b=
ecause I have only 1 USB to SATA adapter.
It might be a hardware issue, so can someone else test this too?

Domagoj Smol=C4=8Di=C4=87