Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 05:23:10 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999.

Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

> True, Lucifer, or better Lux Fero used to be the highest of all angels. But
> that makes me wonder though, if Bill ain't the Prince of Darkness, then why
> would Luci allow Bill to make Windows, because `Chuck' would also fall
> under Luci's leadership. Or is that another one of Luci's intricate plans?
> ;)

Well, that's a good question, and I'm pretty sure there is a good
answer for it. It is just that I can't think of one right now. :-)
Oh, I got it! You are confusing things here. See, Windows is
damnation sent from hell to temper the strong and fell the weak (and
one gets really impressed with the amount of weak around... :). Now,
Chuck, on the other hand, is part of Hell's contract with CSRG. It
is just a marketing thing. But *BSD* is *NOT* a creation of devils.
It is a creation of people who sold their souls for the general good
of humanity. You are probably asking yourself why would Lucifer want
to be associated with something for the general good of humanity,
right? Well, remember: he is devious. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	If you sell your soul to the Devil and all you get is an MCSE from
it, you haven't gotten market rate.