Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 22:27:09 +0800
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        Jarrod Sayers <Jarrod.Sayers@unisa.edu.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More Problems with 4.4-2001104-STABLE

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 10:23:01PM +0930, Jarrod Sayers wrote:

> > > You need to select OK instead of Exit.  It will then ask you for the
> > > installation media.
> > Then selectin OK is broken. Enter and Space both check/uncheck selected
> > distribution.
> So you mean that selecting OK doesn't move onto the installation media?
> Slightly off topic:
> A while ago you use to be able to hit Enter and it would select OK but
> some changes have been made (I think to 'dialog') which now has Enter
> select and deselect the options.  I noticed this when installing cvsupit
> from the ports tree.  If you read it, it says to hit Enter if you want
> src-all but Enter not selects the first option, src-base.  You need to hit
> TAB then Enter with no options selected to get src-all.  Same in the
> mod_php and postgresql ports.  I think someone needs to go through and
> reword the pkg-install files a tad.

You are right, I have now use TAB.
And it is broken, too :)
I hit Tab, cursor moves to Ok. I hit 'Enter',
this menu disappears and I see myself in parent menu. No question
about Media, no installation of distribution. My trick with 'src'
still works, however.

And one more question to author of this snapshot: does it contain
new dirprefs code? I saw there were problems with snapshot building.

Eugene Grosbein