Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:26:13 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE?

> > In most cases MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes will not help.  The message is an
> artifact from when the defaults were reversed and a precaution for the
> days after it was changed.

> IMHO it should be removed now.

> Eitan Adler

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I guess my best choice on what to do about gio-fam-backend and multimedia/vlc is
pkg delete vlc
pkg delete gio-fam-backend

or

pkg delete -f gio-fam-backend

and let multimedia/vlc "sink or swim" for the time being, so I can go to the next step

portmaster -a -x multimedia/vlc

and then do multimedia/vlc later.

I think multimedia/vlc gets fairly frequent updates, so I won't have to wait too long.

It is possible that vlc functionality won't be impaired by having gio-fam-backend taken out from under.

I have to remember FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE may be in the very near future.

Tom