Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:07:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ahc(4) reports PCI parity error interrupt

:...
:> I have not yet tried this yet. But I tried something else
:> (my EE genes made me try this):
:>
:> - I moved the Brooktree TV card from the slot furthest from the AGP
:>   video card to the PCI slot closest to it.
:>
:> Interestingly enough this made all the PCI errors go away, I ran continous
:> buildworlds overnight, in parallel with continuous 'dd's of da0 and ad0,
:> in parallel with fxtv.
:>
:> All of this ran without a hitch. Interesting..
:>
:> W/
:> --
:> |   / o / /_  _   		email: 	wilko@FreeBSD.org
:> |/|/ / / /(  (_)  Bulte		Arnhem, The Netherlands
:
:Hm... I was at a talk once where an HP EE mentioned that pci slots should
:be filled in order due to capacitance and timing issues.  I didn't pay
:much attention to that, perhaps I should follow that layout in the future.
:I really don't like putting cards near the overly warm AGP video card
:though... oh well.
:
:Mike "Silby" Silbersack

    I'll bet what's really happening is that the brooktree TV card
    is generating a lot of noise on the power busses, and moving it
    simply moved it closer to larger caps on the motherboard or
    perhaps better caps on the AGP card.

					-Matt