Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:02:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking updates to FreeBSD

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:

> Same here; the volume on cvs-all strikes me as a little much
> (almost overwhelming) unless I were, for example, a committer.
> I'm very glad cvs-all exists; it just seems more than *I* need
> most of the time.

Use a procmail filter and filter out everything which isn't in the
RELENG_3 branch.

There are usually less than 200 messages per day on the cvs-all list. If
you can't handle that amount of traffic, what are you doing on the
internet? :-)

> What he said...  :)  I was wondering if there is some way I can
> access some kind of "change-log," perhaps via Web or ftp.  This
> might help me decide when I might want to perform maintenance
> (cvsup/make {build,install}world).

There's the archived commit logs, but that's the same thing you'd be
getting on the cvs-all mailing list, without the ability to filter out the
non-RELENG_3 commits.

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson