Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 10:24:56 +0200
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        roger@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux port of the Brooktree Soundchip drivers

On Fri, 16 May 2003 15:58:15 +0200
Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de> wrote:

AL> I've ported the Linux msp3400.c driver to FreeBSD.  Gerd Knorr, the
AL> author of the Linux driver agreed to release this driver under a BSD
AL> Licence, so it should be possible to commit it to the tree.

<fx loud cheers>

	I had to fiddle a bit to get it under RELENG_4.

1:	Add an entry to files for dev/bktr/msp34xx.c

2:	Remove the include of sys/mutex.h in msp34xx.c - it doesn't
	exist in 4.x and it doesn't seem to be used anyway.

3:	There are missing {}s in the else if clause lines 754-758

	Ok that got the kernel built - now to try it.
	Well nothing went wrong, but I was sort of hoping to see
the bktr audio turn up as pcm1 and mixer1 as a side effect. I know
I'm an optimist :)

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun