Date:      Sat, 01 Nov 1997 23:45:24 +0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DEor=F0ur?= Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
To:        "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@trojanhorse.ml.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 7400 gates effected by probe routine

Jamil J. Weatherbee wrote:

> During a device probing routine I noticed that it is possible for the
> outputs of two 7400 TTL gates one in the high state and one in the low
> state to be connected together for not more than 10 microseconds.  I was
> looking at a transistor level diagram of a 7400 and would like to verify
> the following.  That this should not damage the gate itself, just pull
> about 10 times the normal current. I don't see anyway to get around this
> without just removing the probe routine.

Who does design something like this? There is another 74xx chip with
four nand gates and open collector outputs to do this, I am not sure for
how
long time this will last, but not for long, I think.

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!