Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:24:22 -0400
From:      Michael L Artz <slyph@MIT.EDU>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Static Nat

I have NAT set up with ipfw and natd using the 192.168.1.* non-routable
internal net, and was wanting to be able to access one of those internal
machines from the outside using static nat.  For example, I have 2 IPs,
one which is associated with the external interface on the gateway and
one which is unused.  I would like to map the unused address to one of
the internal machines.  I was just wondering what was involved ... i.e
do I need to alias my FreeBSD gateway machine to all of the IPs that I
want it to translate/accept?  Do I need to change the routing tables of
either the internal or the gateway machine?  Does the internal machine
need to know about the external translation?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Mike
slyph@mit.edu