Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:35:48 +0100
From:      "Remko Lodder" <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        jail@freebsd.org, remko@freebsd.org, simon@FreeBSd.org
Subject:   Re: starting jails in the background & dependencies

On Tue, January 5, 2010 11:24 am, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 08:03:53 +0100 Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> now that jails are started in the background (which is good, to
>
> I just realized yesterday that it also stops in parallel (in the
> background). This is bad. It may be the case that a jail is not fully
> stopped via the rc scripts when the OS decides to kill the remaining
> processes during a shutdown.
>
> My first reaction is to only allow to start in the background, but
> everything else needs to be serialized.
>
> Any objections or better ideas out there?
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

I think the best way at this moment is to revert the change ( I can do
that , or someone else, I dont mind ) and think of a better concept. Simon
also mentioned that he didn't like the current way of doing things, so I
kept it in, for possible suggestions. Reverting the change would mean that
the old behaviour at least works and is with what people are used to. We
can then further improve it where needed.

Cheerio,
Remko

--
/"\   Best regards,                      | remko@FreeBSD.org