Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2013 15:12:29 GMT
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd@edvax.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fetchmail/sendmail: Domain of sender address does not exist

	From freebsd@edvax.de Thu Mar  7 14:14:34 2013

	On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:40:47 GMT, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
	> How do I set fetchmail and sendmail to fetch
	> such emails?

	Maybe it helps if you add the options "fetchall flush" to
	your .fetchmailrc configuration file?

No that does not help.

	 I've had a similar
	problem some years ago and I think this was the solution.
	See "man fetchmail" for the corresponding command line
	options (and you could probably add -v to see what's
	actually going on).

I see e.g.:

fetchmail: IMAP> A0021 FETCH 14 RFC822.HEADER
fetchmail: IMAP< * 14 FETCH (RFC822.HEADER {4833}
reading message mexas@epo.bris.ac.uk:14 of 14 (4833 header octets)
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<fsde_1e2ciclos@mrsevangelineschafers.localdomain> BODY=8BITMIME SIZE=5930
fetchmail: SMTP< 553 5.1.8 <fsde_1e2ciclos@mrsevangelineschafers.localdomain>... Domain of sender address fsde_1e2ciclos@mrsevangelineschafers.localdomain does not exist
fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 5.1.8 <fsde_1e2ciclos@mrsevangelineschafers.localdomain>... Domain of sender address fsde_1e2ciclos@mrsevangelineschafers.localdomain does not exist
fetchmail: SMTP> RSET
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.0.0 Reset state

fetchmail: IMAP< )
fetchmail: IMAP< A0021 OK Completed (0.000 sec)

 not flushed

I'm also confused by this section of fetchmail
man page:

*quote*
SMTP/ESMTP ERROR HANDLING
       Besides the spam-blocking  described  above,  fetchmail  takes  special
       actions on the following SMTP/ESMTP error responses

       553 (invalid sending domain)
            Delete the message from  the  server.   Don't  even  try  to  send
            bounce-mail to the originator.
*end quote*

I do get error 553 here, but the emails are not
deleted from the server. I tried running fetchmail
dosens of times, but this email (and others, about 15
in total), just wouldn't go away, and I cannot
get those either.

Maybe I should ask in fetchmail lists.

Thanks

Anton