Date:      Fri, 7 Nov 1997 15:10:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Moffett <dpm@cs.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Free TokenRing Cards

Hi guys!

I've got two Token Ring cards free to anyone who would like to
start in on writing a token ring driver for FreeBSD.  I'll
mail them free to anyone in the USA.

Card 1: 3Com TokenLink III 16/4 (c) 1995
	EA=00A0248223C5, SN 6BE18223C5
	w/ db 9 and rj45

Card 2: Intel
	w db/9 and rj45
	Here's what is written on the back:
	M-NO: 770400501   S/N 727F16   ECO A
	**308314-003  16360614414**
	This card has an apparent ROM socket.
	The big parts on the front of this card are
	TMS380C16PQL and MB620233.  Both have early 1994 date
	codes.

Both of these cards are removed from equipment and were working at that
time.  Each has a 16/4 green sticker on the card edge.  Each card is a
16-bit ISA card.  There are obviously no warranties expressed or
implied.  These do *not* come with cables or other related network
equipment.  I've no other token equipment or related experience, so I'm
zero help otherwise.

Terms and Conditions:  If you accept these cards you agree to write a
device driver for Token Ring Networks than can be distributed under the
FreeBSD license agreement.  You agree to coordinate the development of
such a device driver with the established FreeBSD development
community.  If you find that you cannot accomplish said task within a
reasonable time, you agree to forward these cards to someone who you
believe thinks that they can at your expense.

email me if you're interested with some vague statement of
qualifications.  If there are multiple respondents, I get to choose who
gets them.

Thanks in advance!

David Moffett
(dpm@cs.purdue.edu)