Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 23:37:48 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bora Akyol <akyol@wireless.stanford.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, davidg@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DE Driver on 2.2 SNAP (Hello , Anybody there!!)

Bora Akyol wrote in message ID
<Pine.GSO.3.94.960628143328.21181B-100000@wireless.Stanford.EDU>:
> So
> What is the solution here, what can we do to fix it so that my de21x4x
> based card is recognized once again by FreeBSD.

Either (a) go back to a previous version of the SNAP which DID
recognise your card or (b) wait until Matt Thomas gets back from the
IETF meeting and fixes the driver (there are other problems with it
too which require his attention).

Unfortunately there isn't much that we can do with the information
you've provided so far (you do realise that ``it doesn't work
anymore'' isn't the most helpful diagnostic possible, don't you?)
There are several different (possible) reasons for it not working
anymore, and you really haven't provided enough information to let us
do more than guess as to the cause. The new driver is the most likely
suspect, but there could be any number of reasons ...

Gary