Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:06:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Todd Backman <tbackman@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kermit problems

It seems that if I invoke kermit to transfer a file, and the operation is
not completed successfully, I can never get the modem to work again.
that is, I invoke kermit, start the transfer of a file, then say kermit
dies or I kill it or something mid-stream. any future invokations will
never even be able to dial the telephone number...

the only solution is to reboot the machine, and then it works fine
again.

currently I'm doing all of this by hand but eventually I'd like to
completely automate the sending of this file - that's going to be pretty
damned difficult if i have to reboot every time it fails...

Any ideas?

Todd Backman                               "there are two major products
<tbackman@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>     that came out of berkley:
Geek and FreeBSD user                       lsd and unix.
Seattle, WA                                 we don't believe this to be
"Chaos is a good teacher..."                a coincidence." j.s.anderson