Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 08:51:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Charlie Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail HYPER-SECURITY

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Charlie Roots wrote:

> Now, to make it even more secure, I have changed the default sh shell
> into a new sendmail restricted shell or (smrsh), which restricts the
> scope of excutables that a mail client may execute to start with, and
> its working FINE.

> HOW can I use Procmail for mail filtering , and Majordomo for mailing
> lists management, in presence of this limitation, since after I set
> these 2 services up, they need to be invoked into the Sendmail mail
> delivery system.

not sure about majordomo, but if you install Procmail as your local
delivery agent, it works fine (I've got three mail servers set up that
way). Also, if you softlink the majordomo executable (? not sure, never
used it) into the /usr/libexec/sm.bin it should work fine. the same should
work for Procmail if you don't want to use it as your local delivery
agent.