Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:55:10 GMT
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vcard format

Can anyone reccomend PD source software to manipulate vcard format ?
(The virtual business card format one sometimes sees as a MIME attachment
on the end of emails)
I'm tired of cutting & pasting, ideally I'd find some extension to
ports/mail/exmh2 enabling me to click on vcards & absorb them
into my phone/address book.

My current home grown ascii phone `book' format, defined by my
	http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/src/bsd/jhs/bin/public/phone/
(which generates output for isdn caller lookup & istec/estic PBX tables)
would need to be revamped to vcard database format, which I'm happy to do,
when I know which way to go.

I don't want some hulking commercial monster application, just a few hints to
a Unix tools aproach, exmh tk/tcl v card templates or some such.
but not as simple as an (awk/sed type shell) that would sooner or later
scramble my phone book, which is often not in perfect format.

I can port something if necessary, but no time to write from scratch.
Anyone perhaps know of some kind of V card template thing to a
ports/databases/ thing, & if so, which ?

When I did a find & grep on ports/ a couple of months back, I came up with
nothing useful on vcard tools so any info/ suggestions welcome.

I'm not on freebsd-ports@ so I'd appreciate a CC to jhs@jhs.muc.de  Thanks.

-
Julian Stacey   Munich Unix Consultant     http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/