Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 1996 01:16:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, andreas@xmission.com, questions@freebsd.ORG
Subject:   Re: SQL, porting terminals

On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Gary Clark II wrote:

> Doug White wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Andrzej M. J. wrote:
> >
> > > Where can I find SQL (ANSI 2) server for FreeBSD (not the "MINI-SQL")?
> >
> > AFAIK a free implementation of SQL doesn't exist.  There is a commercial
> > product out but I can't recall the name at the moment.
>
> Postgres-95 comes REAL close to the standard.

	Have to stand up for this one, since I've recently taken over
the CVS repository and WWW site for it...

	There were alot of bugs in 1.01 of Postgres95 that have been
recently...flushed out..

	We've just put out 1.05, which, since I'm running FreeBSd 2.2-Current,
seems to be compiling and runing beautifully...and we are just getting a
2.x version worked on that will hoefully incrase the SQL functionality of
Postgres95....its something to be watching closely..:)

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org