Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:52:56 +0300
From:      "Vitali Malicky" <life@zone3000.net>
To:        "Tony Sterrett" <tonyste@pacbell.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BIND 9

> Hello:
Hi,

> I'm trying to configure both a master and slave DNS on the same
> machine. My approach is to run the master by setting named_enable="YES"
> and it will use the config file in /etc/named. To start the slave I
> will In rc.local and it would use the config files in /etc/named/slave.
> Does this seems ok? Is there a better way.

I can't follow your point... Are you going to run TWO named daemons? I can't
see why you're doing this. master and slave are configured in named.conf and
doesn't matter where you're going to start the daemon from, besides, the
named daemon can process both master and slave zone at the same time, you
don't have to run TWO named daemons.

try to make yourself clearer, I suspect I failed to understand the idea...
:(

as for starting named from rc.conf here is a record from my rc.conf

###     BIND 9.1.2
named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named"
named_flags="-t /etc/namedb"