Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:54:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bob K <melange@yip.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   OT: Re: Non-PC Laughs

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 mi@aldan.algebra.com wrote:

> On  4 Aug, Chris BeHanna wrote:
> =     (Definitely not for the easily-offended!)
> =
> =     http://www.zbzoom.net/~behanna/takeittux.jpg
> =
> =     :-)
>
> This is the second  time this stupid picture is popping  up on this list
> alone.  Some  other  misguided  yet  BSD-liking fellow  sent  it  to  me
> personally about  two weeks ago  as well. I  think, this shames  the BSD
> camp and should  be frowned upon and/or flamed to  net.death. Cutely (if
> you find rape to be cute) offensive  pictures are NOT why *BSD is better
> -- just like no  amount of cute penguins  should affect one's opinion of
> Linux.

Personally, I found the picture to be amusing.  However, I have a
different problem:  I follow this list in order to be able to track
-STABLE effectively.  The list has gone through some major jumps in terms
of volume lately, and I generally have to deal with about 50-100 emails a
day from other sources.  I'm not unique in this situation, I'm sure.

So I hate to be the one to ask this (especially since I'm neither the
list-owner nor a developer), but can we please stay on-topic here?
freebsd-chat exists for this sort of thing.

--
Bob <melange@yip.org>
"I'm Canadian, and I can't photocopy my ass