Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:07:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Barry Irwin <bvi@rucus.ru.ac.za>
Cc:        ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TOS support for FreeBSD

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Barry Irwin wrote:

> TOS is type-of-service, and is  determined by  bits 8->15 in the IP Header.

[...] yes, I knew all this :)

> Linux ipchanis allows one to modify the tos bits on a packet providing it
> matches certain rules, this is the functionality I was wondering was
> avaliable in FreeBSD

This is what I was asking about.

You might be able to do this with ipfilter, but ipfw doesn't (TOS isn't
used much in the internet, AFAIK). There are probably other ways do
achieve the same goal (traffic priority) on your Linux router which are
more compatible with freebsd.

Kris

----
Cthulhu for President! For when you're tired of choosing the _lesser_ of
two evils..