Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 00:09:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dale Benzer <ipc1@tribeca.ios.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org

Hi,

I'm just new to FreeBSD and I'm leaning on you guys, but I hope someday
to contribute as well.

I have two questions today:

1.) I want to connect my FreeBSD box to the internet through my service
provider in order to get the networking packages from the 'Net'.
I'm used to using Procomm or Terminal in the DOS world to dial the modem,
etc. What do I use in FreeBSD to do this? Where can I get it? I'd get it
using a DOS machine but mounting a DOS partition to copy over the
programs to FreeBSD is beyond my understanding right now....

Second, once I get the programs I need (specifically httpd), do I just
put them in /etc or some directory and then run them? Are there
instructions with each? Does FreeBSD Come with a gunzip untility? Where
is it?

Thankss, I'm really under the gun to get this server connected to a T1
and get a classroom set up. And I just need some startup help. Once I get
going I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Take care,

Dale Benzer