Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      E Lakin <pharaoh@u.washington.edu>
To:        Bill Lewis <bill@coach.mlog.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the Motorola 68k

FreeBSD only runs on the x86 architecture. However, NetBSD and OpenBSD
are multi-architecture OS's (including 68k macs) and very similar to FreeBSD.

I've run NetBSD on mac IIci's and sparcstations, and like it quite a
bit. However, it's not as full-featured (or documented) as FreeBSD.
Check out http://www.netbsd.org/