Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:07:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Bill <willelit@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interested in FreeBSD

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Bill wrote:

>I am interested in an OS that will run a good office package(I have
>Staroffice), and a Netscape browser suite.

We can do that.

>My systme is a 166Mhz AMD-K6,48mb memory, S3 virge graphics card wit 4MB
>ram, soundblaster sound card, 2.1 gig windoze drive, 420mb utility
>draive and the 10.8mb drive I have linux on.

No prob here. S3 cards are well supported as are SB and clones.

>What would be your recommendation for my setting this up with FreeBSD?.

My recommendation is, as always, "Go for it!" You have nothing to lose and
the experience to gain. If FreeBSD sucks, then you can tell your Linux
buddies you been there and done that. I'll lay a wager that you drop ext2
from your vocabular and starting rapping FFS.

>Do you see any problems with what I have as a system?

Nope.

>ANy other things I may have skipped over that may cause a problem?

Save your data to a stable media while doing the install just in case.

Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells/
Jason Wells