Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 17:07:50 -0500
From:      Nathan Denny <SCHCATS@siu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Floppy installation.

I'm installing, via floppy, to a 386 with 2 IDE disks.
I run the installation program which works just peachy ...up until the
disk of death.  When it gets to bin.cl it crashes the installation.
I've ftp'ed in BINARY from two different sources.  I've used different
floppies.  Each time the reported error on VTY-1 is WRITTEN -1 of 512 bytes.
The debug, VTY-2, says invalid gunzip cpio or something like that.
I've also tried both version 2.1.0 and 2.1.5  Please HELP!  My sanity is at
stake.
                                                        Nate:SCHCATS!