Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 19:44:53 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
Cc:        Kevin Lo <kevlo@hello.com.tw>, nik@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAQ team.

On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 12:39:09AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> On 08-May-99 Kevin Lo wrote:
> > Hi, folks,
> >
> > Because the FAQ doesn't maintain for the long time. As Jordan suggests,
> > he wants to have *multiple* maintainers, a "FAQ team".
> >
> > I am a first willing member. Would anyone want to join this team?
>
> I am a second. I need more work to do. :)  (Yeah right)  Are we going to
> migrate it to DocBook first?  (Nik - has that been started yet?)

Not yet.  I haven't looked seriously at DocBook 3.1 yet, which is what
we'll do the FAQ in.  3.1 has a new qandaset element (and subelements)
for marking up FAQs.

If anyone wants to experiment with this, here's a very quick sample of
how it might be used.  Make sure you've got the docbook-310 port
installed for this.  Notice how one question can have several answers
attached to it.  This could be very useful for including multiple answers
depending on the FreeBSD version in use; you could use the "os" attribute
to differentiate between them.

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">

<article class="faq">
  <artheader>
    <title>FAQ</title>
  </artheader>

  <qandaset>
    <qandadiv>
      <qandaentry>
	<question>
	  <para>This is a sample question</para>
	</question>

	<answer>
	  <para>This is the first para of answer one.</para>

	  <para>This is the second para of answer one.</para>
	</answer>

	<answer>
	  <para>This is the first para of the second answer to the first
	    question.</para>
	</answer>
      </qandaentry>
    </qandadiv>
  </qandaset>
</article>

    There's some milk in the fridge about to go off. . . and there it goes.