Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:59:57 +0700
From:      "fire jotawski" <jotawski@gmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   postgres: [2-1] FATAL: the database is starting up

hi sirs,

apologize me for disturbing the list but i faced the strange problem that i
can not understand every times i boot my machine.
my machine is
[~] # uname -a
FreeBSD makham.serveblog.net 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #4: Wed Jul  2
03:43:34 ICT 2008     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SITING  i386
[~] #
and i installed postgres via ports
[~] # pkg_info -Ix postgre
postgresql-client-8.2.7 PostgreSQL database (client)
postgresql-server-8.2.7 The most advanced open-source database available
anywhere
[ ~] #

every time i boot the machine i always get the message that says

postgres[pid]: [2-1] FATAL: the database system is starting

later on after logged in as root, i check for process, i found the
postgresql has been started .  so what the reason for the message at during
start up then.

best regards,
psr