Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 19:33:29 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Tony Costa <acosta@intergate.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simplicity.

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Tony Costa wrote:

> hello folks,
> I am a very dedicated computer lover and I intend to try FreeBSD in my
> computer.
> The configuration of my computer is fine, but the complexity of the
> instalation makes me cry.
> Computers were created to make things simple, not complicated for men.
> The reason Microsoft and Apple are so famous all ,over the world is the
> simplicity and directness of their applications and approach. I own a pc
> and when I need to install
> something, I go, download the program and click setup, or the program
> file if it is an exe file, even zip, but i know it is allthere and i
> donot have to gather anything , just click the file to install the OS.
> Now with FreeBSD, I go to the ftp site and it is a total confusion for
> the common computer user. I have no idea which is the real program or
> what should I download!!! The information is confusing and extremely
> technical.The versio 2.2.2 ( most recent one) has tons of directories
> and no clue which one IS THE OS iteself. If you all want more people to
> enjoy your creation, you should make it real simple and direct to
> obtain.

	Its is simple...go to the www.freebsd.org web site, look up the
phone number for Walnut create and order the CDrom...nice, simple install
procedure is presented to you when you boot up, and you won't have to do
*much* thinking...just like MicroSloth :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org