Date:      27 Feb 2003 17:15:48 -0500
From:      "Julian C. Dunn" <jdunn@verticalscope.com>
To:        Patrick Bihan-Faou <patrick@mindstep.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell PowerVault 725N support

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 12:33, Patrick Bihan-Faou wrote:

> I tried to get as much information as possible from Dell's web site, but the
> only reference to chipsets and such was 'ServerWorks GC-SL w/CIOB-E'.
> Looking at the hardware notes for the upcoming FreeBSD 4.8 I don't see this
> mentionned anywhere, but it might be just a marketing name for something
> old.

We are using boards with ServerWorks chipsets on all our production
machines running 4.6 and 4.7-STABLE and we have had no problems in
almost two years. The PCI bridge on these boards shows up as a

pcib0: <ServerWorks NB6635 3.0LE host to PCI bridge> on motherboard

Now, like all good BIOS manufacturers :-) they probably called them
something different even when we bought them.

- Julian

--
-- Julian C. Dunn, B.A.Sc.  <jdunn@verticalscope.com>
-- Senior Software Developer / UNIX Systems Administrator