Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:23:19 +0100
From:      Giuliano Gavazzi <dev+lists@humph.com>
To:        Marcel Grandemange <thavinci@thavinci.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Dual ADSL Load Balancing

On T 4 Nov, 2008, at 13:27 , Marcel Grandemange wrote:

> The machine obviously has one of the gateways set as it's main route
> and
> only protocols explicitily sent to other gateway using fwd gows
> through
> other line.
>
> But incoming connections is my problem, I need to be able to say in
> lamence
> terms

If I understood your problem correctly the solution to the incoming
connections is simple. You must use two distinct aliases on your
machine, one for each ADSL. If you also do NATing, as you seem to, I
would also use a different alias to alias to, although not necessary
it separates conveniently natted and not natted traffic. The two
different ADSL do not have to be on the same physical or logical
network.
Suppose you have two logical (and optionally also physically
separated) networks: 192.168.1.1/24 for ADSL1 and 192.168.2.1/24 for
ADSL2: on your machine you'll use, for instance:

192.168.1.10 for incoming connections to the machine itself
192.168.1.11 natted connections from internal machines

192.168.2.10 for incoming connections to the machine itself
192.168.2.11 natted connections from internal machines

of course outgoing connections from either will have to be forwarded
to the appropriate gateway (presumably 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2).

Giuliano