Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:36:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        ".VWV." <victorvittorivonwiktow@interfree.it>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stop the desktops' upgrades

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, .VWV. wrote:

> Otherwise, in my opinion it is necessary to stop this unuseful adoption of
> the endless upgrades of KDE and GNOME monsters.

What features do use need that only KDE or GNOME offer?

What features do you like that you use with KDE and/or GNOME?

Maybe you can use another window manager (or desktop environment) that is
smaller.

I have used blackbox for around five years.

I also use icewm on some systems (because it is easier to use for the
end-users).

They work fine for me (and I do use KDE, QT, and Gnome apps using
blackbox).

(Anyways, do use both KDE and GNOME at same time?)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. this sounds like a -chat thread and not advocacy.