Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:41:09 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        dspam-users@nuclearelephant.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, dspam-dev@nuclearelephant.com
Subject:   [Need testers] dspam-devel-3.4.b2 on FreeBSD

Hi,

If you hope to run the dspam port post 3.3.4 on FreeBSD you are very
interested in this email.

Note that I didn't test on 4.x because I don't have anymore any 4.x and
that I'm in general interested in 4.x feedback

On 5.x I don't intend to do anything to support systems under 5.3.(which
is the first production release for 5.x) except integrating patches in
the port. (And it is my opinion that that anyone still running 5.3-RELEASE
should update to -STABLE).

Useful suggestion received from / time and work invested by:
Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@freebsd.org>,
"Daniel S. Haischt" <me@daniel.stefan.haischt.name>,
"Jonathan A.Zdziarski" <jonathan@nuclearelephant.com>

Get and untar the port:
cd /usr/ports/mail/ && \
fetch http://people.tecnik93.com/~itetcu/FreeBSD/ports/dspam-devel/port/dspam-devel-3.4.b2.20050208.1530.tar.gz && \
tar xf dspam-devel-3.4.b2.20050208.1530.tar.gz && \
cd dspam.my

make -DWITH_DAEMON -DGDBS <...OTHER_OPTIONS...>
you need a least WITH_MYSQL* or WITH_POSTGRESQL for --daemon to work.

DON'T install.

If you have a dspam --daemon running either stop it
 or
edit your /usr/local/etc/dspam.conf and:
- if running on TCP edit ServerPort and ClientPort and set them to
something other that 24
- else change ServerDomainSocketPath to /var/run/dspam-test.sock
As long as you don't signal or restart your installed dspam there's no problem.
When done testing don't forget to change them back.

cd ./work/dspam-cvs-devel.20050208.1530/src/
./dspam --daemon --debug

In an other console:
cd ./usr/ports/mail/dspam.my/work/dspam-cvs-devel.20050208.1530/src/ && \
./dspamc --user ....... --proccess --stdout < /path/to/email

See what output you get and if the daemon still runs.

If yes, send me the output of uname -a and your CFLAGS; and continue
testing to confirm it works; something like this should be enough:
sh -c 'for I in `ls /path/to/many/emails/dir/*` ; do cat ${I} | ./dspamc --user itetcu --mode=tum --features=ch,no,wh,tb=4 --proccess --stdout & done'

If not, send me the output of uname -a, your CFLAGS, the signal with
which dspam --daemon dies and any other useful info. You might want to
run dspam from gdb, valgrind or better helgrind. If you get to sending
patches, please use unified diff (diff -u).

Thanks,
 IOnut
 /*
 Hoping to receive at least once feedback from those who ask for updates.
  > date
 Mon Feb 14 04:35:21 EET 2005
 */