Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 17:25:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Ben J. Cohen" <bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Root Window under X?

Hi!

I recall reading somewhere that it is possible to run Netscape in the root
window under X.  (I can't find the original reference.)

Is it possible to run an arbitrary application in the root window?

For example, I would like to run xconsole in the root window so that I can
see it but it doesn't get in the way too much (as it does at the moment).

Thanks,

Ben.