Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:29:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound config

Here is where it stands as of now.
I've put this into the kernel and it seems to come up ok

# For non-pnp sound cards with no bridge drivers only:
device          pcm0 at isa? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
#
# For PnP/PCI sound cards
device          pcm
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

Things seem to get detected just fine but when I go and try to fire up
xcdplayer I get just a screen full of
open: : Device not configured

wmcdplay errors with.....
wmcdplay : Unable to open cdrom device '/dev/cdrom'.

Is this something as simple as doing a MAKEDEV on one thing or another?

Keith

Keith W.

At the helm <for better or worse>