Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2013 00:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Waitman Gobble <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
To:        Jože_Zobec <jozze.zepl@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: webcamd rejects audio/oss modules

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:23:29 +0200, Jože_Zobec <jozze.zepl@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes, I built without snd_uaudio.ko.
>
>In order to use the port audio/oss, I had to disable the sound.ko, so I had
>to exclude it from the kernel, and add it as a module.
>
>I agree, that snd_uaudio.ko brought improvements. I like it a lot. But
>snd_hda.ko, which I use to listen to music make those scratchy sounds all
>the time, where the music should be crystal clear.
>
>I will try now with the GENERIC kernel, and the kernel without sound.ko,
>and snd_hda.ko, but with snd_uaudio.ko enabled and see what will happen.

a note, and I have not got back to experimenting to get to the bottom of it,
.. but it seems using ports audio/oss with the presence of snd_uaudio in base
causes instant reboot when I plug in my usb mic. (installing audio/oss is
fine, it gets the tools for v4.2, but actually using the oss v4.2 drivers from
ports (instead of the oss 3.x drivers in base) works for my pci based sound
cards, but then plugging in a usb mic reboots the machine.)

Anyone else notice this behavior?

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA