Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 00:17:13 -0400
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "Craig Beasland" <craig@hotmix.com.au>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP Problems

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:29:37 +0800, Craig Beasland wrote:

>I am dialling into a cisco router and I am using a Crusader modem (the same
>as the bit surfer pro from what I understand).

As a hardware guy with over 22 yrs in this stinking business, let me
give you my somewhat less than humble opinion 8o)

Don't ever believe anyone that tells you a piece of hardware is "just
like such-n-such" unless the person saying that is a device driver
author.  Salespeople ALWAYS say that sort of thing to make a sale,
getting it to work will be your problem, and getting your money back is
often more expensive than just buying another piece of hardware.
Shooting the bastard seems like a good idea, but in the long run it's
not, since most places on this earth we don't allow deadly force
against slim ball capitalists (as opposed to decent capitalists).
Caveat emptor... Check before u buy...
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.