Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:13:29 -0700
From:      "R.P. Aditya" <lists@lists.grot.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   uninstalling a distribution (xfree86)

Hi,

Is there a way, akin to installing the xfree86 distribution during install or
using /stand/sysinstall, to uninstall it. If it matters, this is on a
4.2-RELEASE machine that has XFree86 3.3.6 on it. I'm turning it into a remote
server and want to recover some room in /usr. It would be nice if there was
some sort of "pkg" info kept for the xfree86 distribution so it could be
removed by pkg_delete -- I figured I'd check before I just ran rm -r
/usr/X11R6

Thanks,
Adi