Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 23:24:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jwd@unx.sas.com (John W. DeBoskey)
Subject:   sio0/cuaa0 on ThinkPad 760XD

Hi,

   I have an IBM ThinkPad 760XD with 2.2.5 installed. I've been
trying to get ppp to work, but have narrowed my problem down to
not being able to communicate with my extern X2 modem.

   I'm using a working ppp config, modem, and cable from another
Freebsd machine, so I know everythink 'should' work...

   The dmesg output shows that sio0 is found correctly. When
I put ppp into term mode on /dev/cuaa0, I don't seem to really
be connected to the modem.

   If anyone has any ideas or comments about this, I appreciate
your input.

Thanks,
John

ps: Please reply to both the list and jwd@unx.sas.com .. I'm not
    sure where I'll be when I get any responses, I mean help.. :-)
--
jwd@unx.sas.com       (w) John W. De Boskey          (919) 677-8000 x6915