Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 22:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, tom@sdf.com, jgrosch@sirius.com, chuckr@mat.net, FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jmb@freefall.FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SPAM target

Warner Losh said:
>In message <19970501193004.42591@hydrogen.nike.efn.org> John-Mark
>Gurney writes:
>: >   Not likely.  AGIS is the current home of Cyber Promotions, and actively
>: > defends their activities.
>:
>: sounds like we need to send a message to MCI and see if they won't do
>: any thing about it...  of course we can always to a class action
>: suit... and each of us get $500 for each posting to each list.. :)
>
>don't count on it.  I know of at least three machines in the
>cyberpromo domain that are sending BIFF packets to our subnet every
>time they get a mail message.  The village has been hit with hundreds
>of thousands of these things over the last several months.  We've
>tried everything we can think of to make them stop, and still they
>keep coming.
>
>Ideas?  Can we call the DA or the FBI for a DoS attack?
>
>Warner

If you can produce proof of this I would suggest you/we call FBI. This is
against the law and it do my heart good to see these bozo twisting in the
wind.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch        |   Another day closer to a   |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@sirius.com  |     Micro$oft free world    | UNIX for the masses