Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:00:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/45178: Maintainer update: net/spread

The following reply was made to PR ports/45178; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
To: Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc: freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:24:12 +1100

 On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 05:14:50PM +1100, Joshua Goodall wrote:
 > On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 01:58:32PM +1100, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
 > > The reason why I put it in was because there is no way I can download
 > > this file from the official site without having fill in a form.
 > > Although I understand your effort in making it downloadable via
 > > alternative channels (which makes it easier for automatic checking
 > > et al), I don't think it's fair to the original authors who wanted
 > > to have this limitation.
 >
 > I'm not sure they're too sensitive about it.  I'd like to have
 > Spread continue to appear as a package, so I'll ask the authors
 > directly (they don't bite :)) if they're comfortable with external
 > distribution for our purposes (as their license implies).

 Hi,

 Please consider the following an acceptance by the authors, and set
 MASTER_SITES=	http://www.roughtrade.net/distfiles/
 accordingly! (and remove the IGNORE=)

 I believe such a commit will be in line with the current freeze
 exception.

 There is a performance issue with spread on 5.0 which I will need
 to resolve shortly, but I think this needs to go in ASAP.

 Secondly, what happened to the split Java library port ?
 It desperately wanted to be committed with the maintainer update,
 because the previous port had it "built in".  Can we obtain a
 special dispensation ?

 Regards,
 Joshua.