Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 22:15:35 -0500
From:      Marca Registrada <inf@nyef.res.cmu.edu>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   qmail

 I've been thinking about a qmail port (an alternative to sendmail for
those who don't know) and in thinking about how odd qmail is.. I was
wondering about comments on the following:

 qmail installs into /var/qmail, should this be kept, or would people
  perfer to see it moving into /usr/local/sbin, or /usr/local/qmail?

 qmail needs to install I think 7 accounts, I was thinking of just using
pw to insert them, or should I ask the user to do so by hand?

 qmail requires an ln -s to /usr/bin/sendmail to a version of it's own
sendmail..  myself in teh script that starts up qmail, I'd like to put in
a check to make sure the symlink is still there (not clobbered by a make
world, say)..  is there an easy way to check for the existance of a
symlink verses actual file?

 That's what I have on the outset, this weekend  I'd liek tos ee if I can
toss together the port, we'll see what arises then.

--

   - All we hear is internet gaagaa, internet googoo, internet gaagaa