Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:42:35 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        DJ Boris <dj_boris@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: supported USB ADSL modems

DJ Boris wrote:

>I have done some reading and you are right. I can't see any USB ADSL
>supported modems... there are some Alcatels but people are having probs with
>them. If I understand correctly the Ethernet ADSL modems aren't dependant on
>host drivers. Am I correct? Does that mean that I can use them under fbsd?
>Can you give me some guidelines?

That's right. Anything that presents an Ethernet connection is simply
going to be accessed by a normal Ethernet card in your PC, and you
shouldn't have any trouble getting one of them to work. ;)

I believe that ADSL might need something PPPoE to login to your
provider, but FreeBSD's PPP support should provide that no problem.

Andrew.