Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:31:20 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
Cc:        "Scott M. Nolde" <scott@smnolde.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "filesystem is full" during installation of 4.6.2-REL

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

Yeah, after all it's pretty simple. The "Restart" thing in sysinstall
is a gross hack and doesn't really work.

You should have mentionned the restart issue in the beginning though,
it would have clarified a lot of things. :)

Maybe you could open a pr about this?

A.

On Fri Aug 16, 2002 at 10:40:37PM +0100, Andrew Boothman wrote:
> Antoine Beaupre wrote:
>=20
> >FWIW, I've had such problems with restarted sysinstalls. In fact, a=20
> >lot of the recent uses I had of sysinstall ended up with such an error.
> >
> >I think it is due to sysinstall not correctly mounting the configured=20
> >file systems. The behavior is quite erratic and i haven't been able to=
=20
> >pinpoint the exact problem but restarting the install, reformating the=
=20
> >partitions works usually ok.
>=20
> It looks like this is exactly what was happening.
>=20
> Everytime I tried to install, the DNS lookup on ftp.uk.freebsd.org would=
=20
> timeout the first time round (a seperate problem), and I needed to=20
> restart the installation each time. After going through the whole=20
> process several times, the DNS lookup worked first time round and the=20
> installation went without issue.
>=20
> It looks like sysinstall does get confused when asked to restart an=20
> installation.
>=20
> Many thanks to all who helped out.
>=20
> Andrew.
>=20

--=20
Imagination is more important than knowledge
                        - Albert Einstein

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--