Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:12:36 -0800
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        kstewart@urx.com, 'Tim McMillen' <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Errors Installing KDE2 Port

OK, I'm in the process of trying this.  There are two sections listed on the
README.html file.  One is a list of packages required to build and the other
is a list required to run.  I'm going through the list required to run as
it's longer and I want to be sure I don't miss anything.

My question is that it appears that running "make clean" in each port
direcetory also cleans the related ports.  Is this true?  If it is, am I
accomplishing anything by doing a "make clean" in ports that have already
been completed because it is tied to another port?  And I've also noticed
that a after a "make clean", the program still shows up with a pkg_info.
When this happens, I do a pkg_delete to remove it.  So apparently, pkg_* and
make are two separate items.  What's the difference between them?

Thanks again for your help!

Drew